Progress toward Preservation, 2012
What has been completed so far.
- Asbestos removed
- Downstairs projection booth removed
- Balcony reopened
- New sound system, seating, and carpeting purchased with Tourism funding
- Pipes laid under auditorium floor for electrical for sounds, lights, etc.
- Five zoned air conditioners and two new furnaces installed
- Wiring replaced throughout most of the building
- Sprinkler system installed
- Plaster walls repaired in bad spots
- Ceiling repaired over lobby area
- New handicapped-accessible restrooms (8) added on first floor
- Dressing rooms and 2 new restrooms on second floor (4 stalls)
- Original 90-year old marble floor in lobby & marble stairways & molding uncovered
- Lobby and mezzanine re-carpeted and painted
- New glass doors and windows installed in front
- New lighting fixtures for lobby & mezzanine
- Water fountain installed
- Mural painted on ceiling (donated) by Marla Profancik Trone
- Tile laid in restrooms & closets
- Interior Design items added
What could be done with volunteer help?
- Painting of walls and plaster decoration in balcony
- Painting walls of main theatre
- General cleaning
- Promotion & fundraising
- The tile will be laid and seats installed on the main floor
- Carpeting and seating will be installed in balcony
- Sound system will be installed and checked. Conduit finished.
- Electrical work finished
- Stage refurbished